KEY ACTIONS PLANNED AND CONDUCTED BY LAND FORCES COMMANDS
DATE: 20 February 2014
NUMBER: PR - 01 / 14
- Dating from the Academic Year 2012-2013 Industry and Systems Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration, Sociology and International Relations Programs (nine bachelor's degrees programs) and from the Academic Year 2013-2014 Surveying Engineering Program (one bachelor's degree program) have been commenced in order to improve the educational system of Military Academy and make the educational system consistent with the Higher Education Foundation. Besides since the Academic Year 2012-2013, Weapons Systems Engineering and Military Electronic Engineering postgraduate programs have been started at Military Academy Institute for Defense Sciences.
- In order to provide the occupational progress of the non-commissioned officers, increase their motivation and give them opportunities, the transposition quota from non-commissioned officer to commissioned officer is increased by the Land Forces Command from %10 to %25. In 2013, the transposition of 90 non-commissioned officers' was planned, 82 personnel passed the examination.
- In order to increase the occupational motivation of the specialized sergeants, let them take over their personnel skills and abilities and give them better opportunities, the transposition quota from specialized sergeants to non- commissioned officers is increased from %12 to %25.
- The appointments of the specialized sergeants whose contracts were terminated because they got 45 and who were employed as civilian officials at the cadres of Land Forces Command, were done in Brigade Headquarters and Military Directorate for Prisons as Operating Officers, Guardians and Drivers.
- In order to meet the rank and file need of the Land Forces Command in critical positions, Contracted Soldiers are periodically employed.
- In order to supply the units with more rank and files, studies are underway to give the security duty of quarters, officers' clubs, hospitals, factories, schools and etc. to private security establishments instead of military personnel.